As the year 2012 fades into the past, have a quiet look back over the last 12 months of 2012 and count not only the blessings in your life, but also the opportunities missed by possible inaction.
The year 2013 is the year that we are either going to step up to the plate and do what ever it takes to attain our goals, and I mean a burning desire in attaining them or it will be a year of false starts, lack of enthusiasm, lack of faith and finding yourself this time 2014 in the same place.
"Crush It Like The Pros" is a term that I use for separating the committed and dedicated from the amateurs of hit and miss, and a shotgun type focus. Pros are the sharp shooters of the world! No shotgun's here. They pinpoint their goals and repeat the same processes over and over and over again until it becomes second nature to be a winner.
The difference between a professional and an amateur is this: An amateur practices until he can get it right. A PROFESSIONAL PRACTICES UNTIL HE JUST CAN'T GET IT WRONG! This is true with everything in life. The professionals mindset is in the confidence that he/she possesses in what they are doing. It is automatic.
If you work for a living and you get paid to do it, you are a professional at what you do. Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people who are getting paid for their services that are considered semi-pro. That is the level between the pretty good amateur and the professional. Here in England we have the PREMIER LEAGUE in Football. But we also have division 1,2,3. They still get paid in Division 1,2 and 3, but they ALL want to play in the Premier League.
Where do you want to play? When it comes to your Fitness, Your Health and your Mind, are you really paying attention? If you want to be truly fit, feel strong, able to push the limits, you're gonna have to dig deep, step up your game and your approach. To be truly healthy, from the inside out, takes commitment and dedication! Are you paying attention to the way you speak to yourself? Your internal voice? Are you sabotaging your mind, your growth in all areas of your life with negative speak?
So now it's time for you to decide. NO sitting on the fence, NO dodging the Questions, NO changing the subject. If you're gonna really achieve your goals, you have to start RIGHT NOW! Not tomorrow or when the time is right. RIGHT NOW!
1. Everyday, when you get up in the morning, immediately drink a large glass of water and for the rest of the day a minimum of 2.5 litres of water. No Exceptions.
2. Before you go out in the morning, take 5 minutes to assess your ATTITUDE. The glass needs to be half full! Speak nicely to yourself and count your blessings in life.
You are a Winner!
3. If you have any unhelpful habits, smoking, drinking, cursing, try and break those negative debilitating habits and replace them with a positive habit.
4. Place your 3 Goals in a place where you will constantly see them. Read them out loud with total belief once in the morning and once in the evening just before bed.
5. Read as many articles, books and positive information about fitness,nutrition and mind conditioning that you can. Read at least one per day for the next 60 days. Here on the site is a great way to follow along in a positive mind set.
6. Get into the habit of getting to the gym a minimum of 3 days per week, or commit to 2-3 hours minimum of cardio and resistance training per week at home or at work.
7. Be aware of your posture, especially at work. It's easy to hunch over a desk and a computer. Get in the habit of standing straight and tall. Be confident and look it!
8. Learn to visualize yourself thin, lean and strong. Visualize yourself buying the right healthy foods at the supermarket and visualize yourself getting better and better everyday.
9. Change one thing, do it properly for the next 30 days. Don't deviate it! Do it exactly the same way each time for 30 days. You will make this a GOOD habit easily.
10. Seek out and associate yourself with positive successful people. Misery loves company! Surround yourself with people who think the way you do. Positive glass half full people!
What you have in your life is exactly what you expect to have. If it's not what you are expecting to have, time to re-assess.
Time to raise the bar and expect abundance of positivity, money, loving relationships, self esteem, a strong lean and healthy body. It is all there for the taking. You just want to have it bad enough!
You have to expect success. You have to believe you can achieve everything you want in your life. No one else can do it for you. Mediocrity is a wasted life and a waste of time and space. Be the best you can be by consistent repetition of doing positive productive healthy things backed with a burning desire toward their achievement. If your goal is to lose weight, you must dig deep and find out from within JUST HOW BAD YOU WANT TO HAVE WEIGHT LOSS as one of the top 3 priorities in your life. It's gonna take dedication.
If it isn't important enough for you to put this in the top three priorities in your life, you will not succeed. Losing weight and getting super fit is a day to day thought pattern, and an everyday relentless pursuit to attain it. There are NO DAYS OFF. Pursuit is just that! You keep on keeping on until you attain what you are after. Another few words for this type of mindset would be: DEDICATION, COMMITMENT, ACTION, PERSEVERANCE.
We all follow the DCAP principle here on the site. Staying committed and showing dedication, action and perseverance toward the attainment of your major purpose in life is of paramount importance. Without this dedication toward getting super fit and living a healthy lifestyle, we mind as well just stay sitting on the couch or the setee.
This is why it is so important that you spend the time in the "MIND the GAP" area of the site, starting with the GOAL SETTING ROAD MAP and get into the right frame of mind to CREATE SUCCESS, before you even start. We have designed this site to be progressive, starting with the basics. You need to learn these basics until they become second nature to you.
When having to think about the form and technique of an exercise becomes automatic, then the only thing you are focusing on in your training, whether it be at home, in the gym or even sport specific is your perseverance in finishing the program at the highest level of intensity, hence the BIG FAT BURNING ZONE!
Just remember....YOU are what you practice. This is why a Doctor calls his livelihood a "PRACTICE". He or she is practicing their skills as a Doctor. All too often we all forget about the basic things in life. The things we've learned years ago, but have been put into the back of our minds as learned and forgotten.
Your success here at fitnesshealthandmind.com rests purely on your ATTITUDE and dedication of the principles toward it. Losing weight, or any weight loss program for that matter, or getting super fit both in the mind and in your fitness takes not only learning what will work, but the true success lies in staying with it. Even when the going gets tough and weakness sets in, to persevere and to keep your eye on the ball!
In the Advanced Gold Membership area, we will need to have all of these basics as second nature to you. You need to see your form and technique in your head and visualize it, but once ready, your focus is on Intensity! To have dedication and a BURNING DESIRE TO FINISH STRONG.
As Napolean Hill quoted:
The very bright mind of Napoleon Hill. Read these quotes over to yourself and really think about them. We control what we have, the life we possess. Grab hold of positivity with both hands, believe that you can crush it like the pros do. We will succeed together.
Leave a comment below and tell me what your main goal for 2013 is. Write it down and commit to it, EVERYDAY!